I’ll arrive to sessions 5-15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time so we have a chance to discuss how your body is feeling that day and what treatments will help you best, as well as allowing you time to fill out a health update and for me to set up the massage table or mat. If you are unavailable at the scheduled treatment time, your session may be shortened in order to keep on schedule. The original treatment time will be charged.
Please provide at least 12 hours notice if you need to reschedule or cancel a treatment. At the therapist’s discretion, clients that fail to cancel within 12 hours but do cancel before the therapist departs for the session may be subject to a $20 fee.
Late arrivals will not receive extension of scheduled appointments. In special cases, and when our schedule will allow, we may be able to accommodate a partial or full appointment. The original reservation fee will be charged.
Clients who fail to show up for their scheduled appointment will be charged the full price of the services at the time the services were scheduled.
The client will be returned a refund for sessions that are canceled within the time-frames described above. If the payment to be refunded was made by credit card or paypal, the refund will be paid by the therapist canceling any credit card or paypal transaction. If this becomes impossible, a refund will be paid by check only after 120 days. Payments made by check will be refunded by check only after the original check clears the bank. Payments made by cash will be refunded by check.
The client agrees to pay a $20 fee in addition to the full value of the canceled credit for any chargeback placed on a processed credit card or paypal transaction.
Prior to each massage session, the treatment plan will be discussed with you. At your first visit with us you will receive a written copy of our professional massage therapy session policies and will be asked to sign the consent stating that you have read the information, understand it, and agree. You will be given the opportunity to accept or reject any technique, treatment or therapy you wish at any time during the session–you always have control.
• Requests for sexual activity is not acceptable in any circumstance, and will result in a termination of the session, with no refund of the treatment fee.
• Proper draping to protect client’s modesty will be maintained at all times.
• The breast and genital area will not be massaged under any circumstance. Permission will be asked before working close to these areas; otherwise, a professional distance will be maintained with proper draping for modesty at all times. Hip & gluteal area will be massaged only with permission and can be worked through the draping if requested.
• Any discussion between the massage therapist and the client is confidential. The client may or may not choose to talk during the massage.
• We are happy to listen to your conversation and share our professional expertise where appropriate and within our scope of practice.
• It is the responsibility of the client to keep the massage therapist informed of any medical treatments, areas of recent injury or surgery, and drugs and herbs being administered, and to provide written permission from the physician, chiropractor, physical therapist, etc., so that a safe massage may be performed if requested from the therapist.
• The client must also keep the massage therapist informed of any changes in health conditions so we may offer a safe massage.